SIOPE Merit Award 2015
Applications for the SIOPE Merit Award at the ECC 2015 (Vienna 25-29 Sept 2014) are now CLOSED
This year the European Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOPE) is launching a new initiative to identify talents in Paediatric Oncology. The SIOPE Merit award will be awarded to a young Paediatric Oncologist Haematologist with a track record of promising new research and will be assessed as the first/second/third author of a Paediatric Oncology Haematology Paper published in the past 18 months or in press. Judgment will consider the relevance, originality and quality of research as well as contribution to the field.
This initiative will provide a platform for the awarded Paediatric Oncologist to give a state-of-the-art lecture in the SIOPE Society Session on Saturday 26 September 2015 (10h30-12h30) at the 18th ECCO-40th ESMO- European Cancer Congress in Vienna.
The SIOPE Merit Award will include:
- Free registration to the 2015 18th ECCO-40th ESMO- European Cancer Congress in Vienna;
- Up to a maximum 400 EUR for accommodation;
- Up to a maximum 400 EUR travel costs, based on an apex return airfare in economy class;
- A 500 EUR award prize.
To be considered, the candidate should meet following requirements:
- Under the age of 40 years at time of application and be engaged in research relevant to paediatric oncology;
- Have a first/second/third author research paper published in the last 18 months or in press.
To apply, please submit:
- The relevant publication supporting this application, which should be included in full;
- A letter summarising your research accomplishment(s) and the significance and impact of your research to paediatric oncology;
- A short CV including a list of publications;
- A letter of support from your Head of Department.
Important – Deadline of application: 10 June 2015
For more information, please contact the SIOPE Office: firstname.lastname@example.org