On 6 March 2019, SIOP Europe and CCI Europe presented the 2019 European Manifesto for the paediatric oncology and haematology community: “Beating childhood cancer: Cure more and cure better – Towards zero deaths and zero late effects” at the European Parliament.
The policy objectives for 2019-2024:
- Advance an enabling legislative environment for faster and more efficient development of affordable innovative medicines for children with cancer and other life-threatening diseases
- Foster allocation of resources to childhood cancer research with focus on big data and deep learning tools
- Promote sustainability of the European Reference Networks (ERNs), of which ERN PaedCan is dedicated to paediatric cancer, in particular to combat inequalities in access to the best available treatment and expertise for children across Europe
- Support collaborative efforts on the development and implementation of appropriate surveillance guidelines and long-term models of care for survivors of childhood cancer
- Encourage initiatives on interoperability, harmonisation and security of eHealth platforms to foster cross-border research and knowledge transfer for the benefit of childhood cancer patients and survivors
- Support initiatives that foster and promote patient advocacy and empowerment in research, healthcare, and socio-economic areas
Members of the European Parliament (MEPs)
This Manifesto is calling for the achievement of more and better cures for childhood cancer in line with specific objectives as defined in the SIOP Europe Strategic Plan – A European Cancer Plan for Children and Adolescents.
- Read the Press Release
- See the pictures of the Manifesto launch on 6 March at the International Childhood Cancer Awareness Day (ICCD 2019) event at the European Parliament
*Organisations that have endorsed the Manifesto so far. More expected and updates on this page will continue.
Tel: +32 2 880 62 82
Tel: +43 1 402 88 99 – 15