SIOPE is the only pan-European organisation dedicated to paediatric oncology: this is why our Society acts as a catalyst to unify all professionals in our sector across the continent. SIOPE promptly disseminates any relevant information to its members, supporting in this way the establishment of professional collaborations as well as the exchange of best practices. Also through our communication outlets, we do our best to ensure the best possible care and outcome for all children and young people with cancer in Europe.
In this section you be updated on the latest news and events related to paediatric oncology in Europe. Moreover, you will also find every kind of communication tool SIOPE makes use of: our newsletter ‘SIOPE News’, printed/online publications (policy position papers and scientific articles from SIOPE members), videos, brochures, adverts and links to our social media profiles on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Despite important progress, childhood cancer remains the leading cause of children’s death by disease in Europe: more than 6,000 young people die of cancer every year, and approximately 300,000 childhood cancer survivors experience treatment side-effects that last well into adulthood. During the European Week Against Cancer SIOPE (the European Society for Paediatric Oncology) intends to ... read more
- European Symposium on Late Complications after Childhood Cancer 2016 (ESLCCC 16) 22–23 September 2016, Copenhagen, Denmark The 5th European Symposium on Late Complications after Childhood Cancer is the largest European multidisciplinary event on late complications after treatment of childhood cancer. Attracting a worldwide audience, the Copenhagen 2016 symposium will explore and discuss best practices in ... read more
- Course ‘Future fertility for the male child and adolescent with cancer: best practice, research breakthroughs and current dilemmas’ Münster, Germany 13-14 May 2016 This two-day course will present the latest research breakthroughs and experiments for fertility preservation in boys. It will include discussions on the ethical and psychological challenges as well as specific lectures on ... read more
- SIOPE Job Opportunity – Administrative Assistant (part-time position) To support our increasing activities and our development, SIOPE is offering an exciting and challenging position (m/f), with growing responsibilities, in a European scientific environment, including competitive salaries and fringe benefits: As the Administrative Assistant you will provide administrative support in the management of the SIOPE office, mainly ... read more
- SIOPE Society Day 27th January 2017, RAI Congress Centre, Amsterdam, the Netherlands On the first day of the European Cancer Congress, the SIOPE Society Day will present a highly innovative programme for its community of professionals working in the field of childhood cancers Experts from multidisciplinary tumour boards in Europe and national societies will share ... read more
- Abstract submission to the SIOP Congress are open until 5th April 2016. Presentations of large translational works are considered as major quality criteria, abstracts should cover aspects related to either a specific disease or transversal themes (e.g. palliative care or epidemiology), and target, pathway and immunology oriented inter-diseases sessions will be planned. The 48th Annual Congress ... read more
- The membership of the newly created SIOPE Clinical research Council (SIOPE CRC) has elected its two co-leaders, namely the Main Representatives of the SIOPE CRC for both the National Paediatric Haemato-Oncology Society or Group (NaPHOS) and the European Clinical Trial Groups (ECTGs). As a result of the elections, the two resulting elected candidates are: Gianni ... read more
- Born last year within the CDDF-SIOPE-ITCC Paediatric Oncology Platform (see article in this newsletter), Unite2Cure is a new network of European parents, parent organisations and patient advocates who are specifically calling for better treatment and better access to innovative treatment for children and young people with cancer. More information: Unite2Cure website read more
- Last 15th February, you might have heard on YouTube or the radio a very moving melody, sang by young and crystalline voices. On International Childhood Cancer Day, more than 900,000 children from all over the world have participated in the making of the song “We are One”, raising their voices against childhood cancer. “We are ... read more
- The 48th Annual Congress of SIOP, the International Society of Paediatric Oncology, this year will take place in Europe: from 19 to 22 October 2019 in Dublin, Ireland. During four days of plenary sessions, guest lectures, committee/group sessions, “meet the expert”, paper sessions, and Young Investigators’ sessions almost all aspects of paediatric oncology, from basic ... read more