SIOPE Strategic Plan
The SIOPE Strategic Plan ‘A European Cancer Plan for Children and Adolescents’ – officially presented in 2015 during the European Cancer Congress and at the EU-policy level during the SIOPE-MAC Launch Event – is a key consensus document that defines the future efforts and initiatives of the paediatric cancer community.
Do you want to understand this important document?
SIOPE focuses its efforts in several activities, within the following major areas:
- EU Projects: breakthrough scientific research and international cooperation are essential to improve the treatment of children with cancer. For this reason, we actively support our community creating EU-funded projects together with our international partners focusing on the initiation of clinical trials and the implementation of the standards of care for children with cancer
- Advocacy: perfectly located within the EU panorama, SIOPE engages with stakeholders, policy-makers and the European Union in order to shape the future EU health and research policy
- Educational opportunities: we work to train the new generation of excellent professionals, offering various types of education and training opportunities to our community
- Communication: we produce and disseminate relevant information for our members and in support of our research collaborations. Furthermore, we work to stimulate cross-border exchange of best practice
- Parents and patients: to bridge the existing gap between paediatric oncology professionals and childhood cancer patients and parents, we actively create and maintain solid partnerships with their advocates at the European level