SIOPE focuses its efforts in several activities, within the following major areas:
|The SIOPE Strategic Plan ‘A European Cancer Plan for Children and Adolescents’ – officially presented in 2015 during the European Cancer Congress and at the EU-policy level during the SIOPE-MAC Launch Event – is a key consensus document that defines the future efforts and initiatives of the paediatric cancer community.
Do you want to understand this important document?
- EU Projects: breakthrough scientific research and international cooperation are essential to improve the treatment of children with cancer. For this reason, we actively support our community creating EU-funded projects together with our international partners focusing on the initiation of clinical trials and the implementation of the standards of care for children with cancer
- Advocacy: perfectly located within the EU panorama, SIOPE engages with stakeholders, policy-makers and the European Union in order to shape the future EU health and research policy
- Educational opportunities: we work to train the new generation of excellent professionals, offering various types of education and training opportunities to our community
- Communication: we produce and disseminate relevant information for our members and in support of our research collaborations. Furthermore, we work to stimulate cross-border exchange of best practice
- Parents and patients: to bridge the existing gap between paediatric oncology professionals and childhood cancer patients and parents, we actively create and maintain solid partnerships with their advocates at the European level